Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ideas generation cont.


This is my second design concept for my character's house. It emerged in studio last week, while thinking about space and the convergence of units. The image above was the initial sketch, which I then transformed into connected 3-d volumes.
It was easier for me to visualise what the spaces would look/feel like internally and externally in comparison to my first idea which started as a plan and didn't follow on directly to the overall external design.
The units are placed so that there is a flow throughout the house. I envision this dwelling to be glowing with natural light and in someway tell a story about the everyday life of my character.
Some changes had to be made when i started to construct the design with card. All the angles are tricky to manoeuvre on such a small scale, but i think it will work out well.

No comments: